Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Show and Tell Day




Well today was an exciting day.  My sweet little neighbor Thyra was thrilled when I was crowned Miss Vermont USA 2011 and she invited me to her third grade class as a show and tell!  Word got out that Miss Vermont USA was in the building, and so I ended up visiting with kindergarten, first, and second grades as well.  I talked with the children about the importance of washing hands during this cold and flu season (use warm, soapy water and sing Happy Birthday!)  Being a nurse really opens your eyes to the abundance of germs in our world!  I also discussed how beauty is more than something you see, and how all of us are uniquely beautiful inside and out.

Then I opened the floor for questions.  Oh boy, was this fun!  Everything ranging from, "How do you do win a pageant?" to "What is your favorite ice cream?" was asked, and  I was also informed by a little boy that he was "Mister Las Vegas".


In the library, I found another queen: Queeny Chenney, Queen of the Library!  What an honor.  I liked her crown.




And of course... everybody wanted to touch my crown.  But only if they washed their hands first!

No comments:

Post a Comment